Pilot Projects h1 >
Biomarker Development/Validation: Request for Applications
Letter of Intent
A letter of intent is required and should take the form of a single “specific aims” page that includes the title of the proposal and up to 5 keywords that best characterize the nature of the proposal.
Full Application Materials
Applications that are invited for full submission should include:
- Title of the application
- A4-page application inwhich the first page describes the specific aims ofthe proposal. The application should address the significance, innovation, scientific approach, and aspects of the scientific environment that are relevant to the successful completion of the proposed work.
- A 4-page NIH-style biosketch for the principal investigator.
- A budget and brief budget justification.
- Letters of support, if relevant, demonstrating the availability of required biological samples or access to the relevant clinical data.
Applications should be submitted via email to ProjectCReATe@med.miami.edu as an assembled PDF.
Any individual with the requisite scientific training, irrespective of country of residence or origin, may submit an application in response to this RFA.
- A maximum of $60,000 total costs, for a period of one year, may be requested.
- The $60,000 limit is inclusive of indirect costs that are capped at 10%.
Successful applicants agree to:
- Submit a protocol to the RDCRN for NIH approval if the project entails prospective enrollment of human subjects
- Present their work at an annual CReATe consortium meeting
- Appropriately acknowledge funding in presentations/publications
- Submit a final report at the end of the funding period
- Provide ad hoc and annual updates to the CReATe consortium on the progress of the work funded through this RFA.